Thursday, January 21, 2010

FIND-Oil Painting

Lilac oil painting:



This gorgeous oil painting was painted by R. Cserjes in the 1930's or 40's. On the back it has a label identifying it as being from the T. Eaton Co. Fine Art Gallery. I did a little research and found that the Eaton's Co in the 30's and 40's had a British Company that procured original art for them to sell in their Galleries in Canada. They were considered to be done by skilled artists, although perhaps unknown.




This one I picked up for the shop, however, as so often is the case, it looked super in my own home. But, I have to have some control and relinquish these purchases to the shop.


Looking so great against Lorraine's reclaimed brick wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania