Tuesday, January 12, 2010

OUT- FLEA MARKETING



I had wonderful day out last weekend with my Razmataz Vintage partner Lorraine, scouring the countryside for wonderful finds for the shop. We are bit delayed in getting things posted to Etsy, but we are almost there. We want everything to be perfect first, clean, pressed, polished……..

Here are a few things that caught our eye. Old gals-lots and lots of old dolls. I love the faces, and the scary eyes of some of them.

Boy books. Is it just me, or did they make more books for boys?


I could spend hours admiring the old jewellery. It is all made so beautifully. Shiny rhinestones, pearls, beads…..I love it all. I like to arrange little vignettes in the stalls of like items grouped together. 

I fell in love with this little Mohair Steiff dog. Made in Germany in 1934, it has a jointed head, glass eyes and the Steiff button on its ear. Germany and Steiff especially, was renowned for their stuffed animals and teddy bears. This one may not end up in the shop, as I am a little attached to it. 

Old household items always fascinate me, especially when they are grouped together like this cabinet full of darning eggs. They were used to stuff into your socks or stockings when darning them. A lost art, although I do still darn old woolen blankets. 

And comic books, more boy reading.  Most seemed geared to boys, although I did find Lois Lane.

Chania

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania