Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 First Post.

I had intended to write a long New Year's summary of 2010, but thought I would just stick with New Bits.
I would like to wish you all a very Happy New Year, and thank you for reading the Razmataz blog. 

For 2011 The Razmataz shop will focus on my Design Work and Custom Furnishings, as well as Pine Cone Hill linens and Dash and Albert rugs.  All Vintage smalls will be sold through small markets over the year
(I will announce), and larger vintage items will be featured as they become available. I am no longer going to stock Shabby Chic Style pieces as that market is beautifully represented all over.  Interesting one of a kind vintage pieces will be featured as they become available. I have also added some gift items such and handmade tags and greeting cards.

Florida is still in the plans for 2011. We have an offer coming tomorrow for the cottage so fingers crossed.  I have been scanning Florida property obsessively for 3 days....and I am trying not to get too EXCITED.

Our master bedroom is 90% finished, and Simon is putting the finishing touches on the closets.  Needing the room over Christmas, we moved back into it, and I have started to add some personal touches. I collect pretty ribbons from interesting packages and have hung them all on the old wall sconces that I picked up at a vintage shop. One is from Ghiradelli, another from a Dufflet banana bread.  Now I just need a Hermes and a Tiffany, but I am not really a designer brand type of girl, so unless I find one on the road........ 
This pretty bracelet was a gift from my girl Ky for Christmas and is too pretty to put away.  I do have a very old Tiffany box, so it sits nicely in there. 
The other sconce hold bits of jewelry.  Mr Raz, now knows his bedroom has pink accents and has adjusted well to his new pink pillow cases.

I also wanted to give everyone advanced notice of the new Sarah Richardson show Design 101 that begins January 4, 2011 on HGTV.  I am such a fan of Sarah and Tommy and will be excitedly watching tomorrow night.  Sarah bought a vintage chair from Razmataz that is supposed to make it onto the show, so I am dying to see what miracle she did with it.


.
If you would like a Simple, Fresh, Classic Home, with great Design, practical and timeless Furnishings full of Fun and Sparkle contact Razmataz




.



15 comments:

  1. I can't wait for Sarah's show either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Look forward to following your journey in 2011:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for reminding me about Sarahs 101, because I for sure forgot all about it!

    I like the ribbon and you never know when you will find a Tiffany ribbon. Maybe one of those nice relatives can get you one.

    I look forward to a friendship this year as you have always been a kind, friend to me.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Chania...good luck with the sale of the cottage (though I will miss all of your beautiful photography from you wonderful life there).
    As for the Tiffany ribbon...the next time you are in TO, go into the store and ask them for one. What's the worst that could happen...they say no!
    Looking forward to listening to your lovely voice in 2011

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to seeing where you decide to "settle" in FL! Mr. Raz and pink pillowcases is too funny! He is a gem to be sure. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for heads up about show. I'll have to check and make sure it will air here. They haven't done all of them : (

    Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Chania. Wow, a move to Florida how exciting. Good luck with the sale of your cottage. It will be so fun for you to start a new adventure. Hugs-Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Chania. I am excited to see your chair in Sarah's space. It will be splendid seeing you decorate a new home in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Chania, it sounds like there are lots of lovely and exciting things in store for you this year! I am looking forward to following wherever your journey leads you:) I can't wait to see what Sarah has done with the chair she purchased from you!!~ Txx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Chania! I look forward to seeing your new bedroom, I just know it's going to be spectacular. Also, I looked on our HGTV guide and I don't see Sarah's show listed. I love her designs so I hope we get it.

    xo
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo Hoo!

    A soon-to-be world famous chair!!!

    That is pretty exciting.

    Happy 2011 to you and good luck with Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chania, I love the ribbon and jewelry idea for your sconces and I'm so happy your bedroom/bath remodel is nearing an end so that you can get back to life as usual. The changes you have in store for your shop sound wonderful.

    I have my fingers and toes crossed for the cottage sale! I will also keep my eyes open for your chair on Sarah's new show...how exciting!

    Best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year for you and your family!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Chania, Happy New Year. I'm happy to read of your plans. I had forgotten about the move to Florida in reading about your new bedroom. Love the new glimpses into how you're adding your personal touches throughout. I don't know that my hubby would ever adjust to pink pillowcases, except that I think he has no idea where I keep the clean ones so he wouldn't how to change them out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So I just watched Sarah 101

    Hated the topiary plants. Loved the pink sofa.

    Did not like the white painted top on the table.

    But loved the colour in the pattern she chose for the chair.

    So that was about it...and you what were your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your ribbon idea - such a lovely way to use those ribbons without throwing them away. I watched Sarah's new show tonight and I love what she did with the room, especially the patterned chairs and the pink dining chairs (not sure about the table though). :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania