Thursday, June 30, 2011

Canada Day

Felt flag...by me
The Nation will be celebrating Canada Day tomorrow....the first long weekend of the summer.  Just dropped my Ky girl off at a car pool stop to load her into a friends car along with the cooler filled with fruit and cheese and other delicious foods (beer).  She's heading North to the annual Tight and Bright Party...a tradition at the Muskoka lakeside cottage she is spending the weekend at.  Other than the attire, I am envious of her youth.  Days spent lounging with friends and jet skiing and big BBQ's and songfests around the campfire and loud parties.
Our town has the flags up.  Unlike the Americans who proudly fly their flag all year, Canadians tend to bring them out once a year on Canada Day.  Unless you live in cottage country.  Then it is left out all year.  There are festivals, bands and fireworks planned all weekend., plus the Pride Parade in Toronto, so the City is going to be hopping.
We are on Hospital Duty for my FIL this weekend, and so will miss much of the festivities.  No word on the Florida place. The offer is still on the table gathering dust.  We will be down there in a couple of weeks to scout new properties.  Wishing you all a weekend of Good Fun, Good Food  and Good People.

17 comments:

  1. I love your framed flag! And I envy your daughter too, sounds like fun! I hope that the house deal and your father in law both improve! Happy Canada Day (Mr. Tide is 1/2 Canadian)!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Canada Day Chania. I love hearing how people in different parts of the country celebrate July 1st. Enjoy the day! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, A very Happy Canada Day to you! WOOT
    My flag will be out on the Fourth, My Father's spirit makes me do so. <3

    xxx
    z

    Florida Smorida ..there are TOO many places here to choose from..oh that's right..no ocean.....well after the "BIG one, I'll have beach front property right? lol
    xxx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wondering how the house hunting is going.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your felted flag! It is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the felt flag - it is beautiful! Happy Canada Day to you too. We will be spending it trying to coax the scared dog out from under the bed. Fireworks and old dogs are not compatible. I'm a bit envious of your daughter - oh to be able to party like that again. Have a great weekend Chania.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Oh Canada..." That's about all I know, sorry.
    Try to have some fun this weekend. I know, it will probably be difficult from a hospital room but do the best you can.
    Your Friend, m.
    p.s. When you are sick of that picture of the Maple Leaf, send it my way. I'll give it a good home. And I'll learn your Anthem too! m.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your girl Ky is going to have a fun weekend! I too am envious of all of that.
    I have been talking about this lately with friends...how you just can't (or is it don't) appreciate that wonderful yet fleeting stage in your life for how truly great it is! No kids! No regrets! No real responsibilities! But then you start to age and you realize just how precious that time was. *sigh*

    Happy Canada day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How frustrating on your Florida deal?? Why can't people just give you a yes or a no,why do they have to ddddrrrrraaagggg it out, I just don't get it. Happy Canada Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Canada Day Chania...hope all goes well this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that first picture...you did an amazing job capturing the texture!

    Hope you can sneek in some of the festivities this weekend...a parade or two. :)
    Have a great weekend and sending big prayers for your FIL. xo
    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Canada Day To You Chania. We are cooking up a storm here ourselves. You gave me a giggle when you said "other than the attire..." and I feel much the same.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Canada Day to you :) Hope you have a good weekend even though you have "hospital duty."

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy long weekend to you! oh, to be young again (and in Muskoka!). I hope you have a great weekend even though you may not be partying it up. We won't be either - too hot to be outside! Love your felted flag xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy HAPPY Canada day Chania....!!!!!

    I'm sorry to read your FIL is unwell....!!

    Such a shame the negotiations on the Florida place have stalled....I'm SURE the PERFECT place is just around the corner....!!

    Your felted flag is GORGEOUS....I WISH the Aussie flag was nicer 'cause I'd LOVE a felted one like yours....!!

    Take care Lovey....!

    Cheers for now,
    Tamarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE that felt flag!!! Hope you had a wonderful long weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania