Thursday, May 24, 2012

St. Petersburg, Florida








I love St. Petersburg. We flew in yesterday and caught up on a bit of work, then had an early supper on a patio overlooking Tampa Bay. I spent a good part of my dinner being really nosy and watching a man giving directions on his cell phone to a woman he was meeting. He obviously didn't know her because he had to describe exactly which table he was at so she could find him. Upon her arrival it was obvious to all the fellow diners that she was his PAID DATE. People watching...always amusing.

Today, we did a little antiquing and then stocked up on groceries for our relatives arriving tonight and tomorrow. We are hoping for beach and paddle boarding weather all weekend. What a juxtaposition this house is from my suburban home near Toronto. Especially the yard. Back home, it neat and tidy and citified with an outdoor sectional sofa, dining area and brick patio. Here, it's a veritable jungle. So much so that I can't even get a shot of the front of this very pretty Monterey Style home because I have giant cacti, palm trees and goodness knows what else growing wild. Complete with lizards. Lots and lots of grey and black lizards running all over. Our neighbors brought their cat with them from Tennessee. He gained 5 pounds in one year eating lizard. One day, he just stopped. Must have had a bad meal.

11 comments:

  1. I love Frangipani. We have two tress our own. The fragrance is to die for!

    You can keep the lizards. We have plenty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I bet it is nice and warm and smells good :)
    Have fun !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful jungle!! I wonder why the cat stopped? So curious...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay the cat story is gross. Enjoy your stay! (you lucky duck)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun you must be having . . . Love seeing the different flowers and vegetation. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Chania - I always love your St Pete's posts as I like to live vicariously through you and pretend I am there! Funny your story about paid dates...I recall the same in Vegas when we went there, but I guess that goes with the territory?!! Anyway lovely images as ever. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah man, that looks like the life!
    And I would have sat at the restaurant all day and stared at those people. One of my favorite hobbies.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours are beautiful! We have similar ones here at the moment... too bad they only last about 3 months. Enjoy Florida; I'll cross my fingers for sun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks beautiful. And it suits the environment. Love your pictures as always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I grew up in Florida which means that living in the Northeast US I miss bouganvillea immensely, so nice to see it. The frangipangi has a beautiful color and I can almost smell it. Have a wonderful stay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We just moved from So Cal to Florida, I've been here dozens of times as my dad and step mom live here but all the bugs and lizards do freak me out a bit! I just love it here though:) I've never been to St Pete's but hopefully we'll make it there sometime!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania